University non-for-profit teaching hospital, 700 beds, several thousands of employees.
The task is to set up new motivation scheme for the senior executives and chiefs of clinical wards (MDs and nurses).
This is stage no. one to start with.
Currently there is hardly difference in treatment of top performers and underperformers, so the best ones have little incentive to keep the standards high and/or to push their teams to achieve desired goals. “Many managers in the public sector may think “even if I do well, nobody cares”. Incentivising them may change this attitude.”
This new activity should avoid demoralization of top performing leaders and keeping talent within organization.
- What should be monitored? Clinical and non-clinical goals?
- Short-term and long term goals (general hospital)?
- Types of incentives? Score cards – metrics proposal?
- How is the data collected, performance review intervals?
- Can you propose 2-3 goals in every dimension?
- Processes vs. outcomes measurement?
- Is the incentive rather individual or group-focused?
- What is in stake? I.e. monetary and non-monetary incentives to perform well.
- How is the final score calculated (measuring performance) and linked to the remuneration … i.e. bonus payments or any other benefits (please list some of them)?
- How significant is monetary incentives comparing to annual salary (%)?
- Do you have any advice on how to involve emotions when starting this project?
Thank you very much for your time invested to answer the questions outlined above.