Contestant Submissions – June 2020
June 01, 2020
Craft a Perfect Pitch – In 10-12 slides, describe your entrepreneurial idea or proposed change initiative in a way that demonstrates the solution’s value to your audience. As with the personal cases in DSI, change initiatives can be generalized as a recommended strategy for Company X, operating in Y industry, and no sensitive internal information should be shared. Similarly, HBAP’s Community Values and Academic Honesty policies apply – any entrants who violate the integrity of the competition may be disqualified, so we ask that you uphold these values at all times. Remember, selected finalists will only have 10 minutes to present to our panel of judges, and must include the following details in their proposal:
- Team members (individual submissions accepted)
- Problem statement – clearly articulate why your solution is needed
- Proposed solution – how will you meet this need?
- Value proposition – what benefits are derived from addressing the problem, for both the organization and its target market?
- Implementation plan – indicate the steps you will take to make this solution viable, including plans for scaling and contingencies to address potential pitfalls
You will need to log into the DI Platform in the upper right corner of the screen in order to see the Submit button – if you cannot recall your password from when you submitted your DSI Personal Case, you can perform a password reset. Please upload your slides in the form of exported PowerPoint images – any notes you wish to include can be typed below each slide to give added context about how you will present this idea to the judges/audience. Detailed instructions and a video illustrating the recommended steps can be found in the About tab at the top of this page, and an example submission can be found below. If you need help getting started, this template from the HBS Rock Center might help to formulate your pitch.
You will be able to edit and upload revised versions of your presentation until May 31st at 11:59pm EST. Submissions will be open for comments and revision until that date, so you can incorporate any edits throughout that window, with only the final submission formally reviewed for selection.