Jan 2021 Ideation Journey Submissions
February 07, 2021
Describe and submit your early-stage entrepreneurial idea(s) that have emerged from the HBAP startup ideation and networking immersion activity. In your submissions, please include the following details:
- Vision and value proposition: quick one-sentence overview of the business and value you provide to customers (describe it in 140 characters or less).
Some examples to help you brainstorm: Send better email (MailChimp), Rides in minutes (Lyft), A great shave for a few bucks a month (Dollar Shave Club), Shorten. Share. Measure. (Bitly)
- The problem: what problem are you solving
- Target market and opportunity: who is your ideal customer and what is the estimated market size (ballpark estimate with 95% confidence intervals works)
- The solution: how will customers use your product and how will it solve their problems
- Team: who’s on the team and why they’re the right people (as well as key positions you may want to fill)
- Competition: how are you different from the competition or alternatives in the market today
- Images and Visuals: please use any images or visuals that would help to convey your idea or vision
Rules and Competition Timeline:
- Eligibility: Submissions must come from students who attended the startup ideation & networking activity, held on Wednesday Jan. 13, 2021 from 12-1:30pm ET. Pre-assignment found on immersion course site and here, due Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021 at 5pm ET.
- Deadline: Submission portal opens Wednesday Jan. 13, 2021 at 1:30PM ET and closes on Sunday February 7, 2021 at 11:55pm ET.
- Submission rules: All idea submissions must fall within the scope of business analytics solutions or applications. Multiple idea submissions are permitted and participants can be members of more than one submitting team
- HBAP voting and commenting: All HBAP community members (students/staff/faculty) are eligible to participate in (anonymous) voting and commenting the week of February 15, 2021.
Winners will be offered personalized, 1-on-1 coaching sessions with HBAP faculty and Leading Entrepreneurs and VCs in Tech, AI and business analytics!
Mentors include Prof. Karim Lakhani, Prof. Jeff Polzer, Prof. Ayelet Israeli, Vladimir Jacimovic, Doug Levin, Rob May, John Paul Milciunas, and John Winsor (see the About page for more details).
For more details on past submissions from the September 2020 immersion, click here.